“Every morning, I wake up and just know that today is going to be just as hard as yesterday. And I’m convinced that tomorrow will not be any different than today. Is this what depression feels like? Because if it is, I’m depressed.” – Client A.
It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.
Yep. It is.
It’s important to understand that depression can manifest in various ways and doesn’t always fit the stereotypical image we may have in our minds.
If you believe that depressed people don’t get out of bed, mope around and look sad then you may not recognize the actual signs of depression in others or yourself.
Sometimes, people who are depressed can seem perfectly fine on the surface, which makes it challenging to identify the problem.
Unfortunately, this lack of awareness and understanding can lead to individuals ignoring their symptoms or others dismissing their struggles as simply being moody or seeing the world through a negative perspective.
This is why it’s important to recognize that depression can come in many forms, and it’s essential to pay attention to the signs that may indicate a problem.
Here are some subtle ways you may be depressed.
- When you lose sight of what is important to you, you fail to see it as the first step that can lead to depression.
- When you find yourself staring at the ground when you walk rather than out into the world.
- When we feel malaise about life and lose hope for the future.
5 Signs You’re Ignoring Being Depressed
If someone cannot see that they are depressed, even the most convincing proof will not help them change their mind. Here are some signs you are ignoring your mental health and depression.
- You believe and give weight to your internal critic.
- You avoid and control your feelings (including feeling sad or down).
- There is a huge gap between what you want and what you have, or between who you are and who you want to be.
- Your thought pattern is on a “struggle cycle,” where you find short-term gratification that doesn’t change once the feeling of gratification has passed.
- You have lost your purpose or direction in what is important to you.
Steps Toward Transformation
If these five signs of depression are showing up in your life, rest assured that you are not alone. And you don’t have to stay on struggle street a moment longer than you choose.
Maximum Growth was created to help you to get to the root cause of your emotions and help you to find more meaning in your life, which kicks depression in the butt.
If we can help you in any way, just reach out.
With love and connection,
Leadership Coach & Master Certified Demartini Method Facilitator